Register Today Space is limited! Registration deadline is September 30, 2014
The PMCR feels strongly that a coordinated regional approach to tourism development will assist municipalities in developing and maximizing their potential for tourism development and economic growth not only in their own communities but in the Capital Region as a whole. Tourism offers many benefits gained from attracting visitors and their associated spending.
In 2013, the Partnership of the Manitoba Capital Region reaffirmed its vision and priorities in Building Something Big – A Blueprint for Collaboration in The Manitoba Capital Region. In it, the leaders identified four priority areas:
- Collaborative Regional Development
- Transportation and Shared Services
- The Environment and Water Quality
- Economic Development, Marketing and Tourism
The Regional Tourism Workshop is the first step towards thinking and acting as a region towards a coordinated tourism approach and in the development of a Regional Tourism Strategy.
The PMCR is very excited to have Marina R. James, CEO of Economic Development Winnipeg Inc. and an experienced tourism development professional leading this exciting full day workshop.
The objectives of the workshop are to:
- Help community groups, tourism organizations and community leaders collaboratively grow their regional tourism strategy and economic base.
- Set the framework for effective, community-based regional tourism planning.
- Identify current over-arching, shared opportunities to mobilize increased tourism infrastructure and attractions, as well as increased visitation and visitor expenditure growth in Manitoba’s Capital Region.
- Use the Regional Tourism Workshop to guide participants in hosting their own community-level tourism planning workshop